Thursday, January 17, 2008

Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex


I’m sure you notice that I have been not been posting with that 2007 zeal lately and I apologize. Well, not really. I don’t give a shit – deal with it. I only post when I feel compelled to so if you want to read something while you are wasting time at work I suggest Perez Hilton, the Onion, or my favorite; online shopping at Amazon (mostly books), Anthropologie (clothes), Zappos (shoes), ebay (clothes and shoes). Only on sale – Colleen loves a deal! Today I spent my lunch trying to get my hands on a bottle of absinthe which proved to be quite difficult with Pennsy’s draconian state controlled liquor distribution. To Hell with them for throwing a wrench in my plan to ritualistically prepare a nice hallucinogenic cocktail after a long day at the office and unwind. It's my God given right!

Also, I have been busy with broker school and since we are selling one of our properties my boss has me preparing all the due diligence documents. Once you get over 20 million $$ offers, getting ready for settlement becomes quite a task. A task I have no experience doing. Baptism by fire I guess.

So, the here I present Aut, Colleen soundtrack Vol. 5: Music Is My Hot, Hot Sex. Usually I create play lists with an audience in mind but this one is probably the closest one to what my personal mixes are like. It is a motley crue of genres and I hope you enjoy it. If not, again I don’t give shit.



Disc 1
1. Music Is My Hot, Hot SexCSS
If you had to, what would you give up; music or sex? This is if baby making is not part of the equation (there are other ways to conceive) and you could never listen to any music again.
2. San Jose – Joe Purdy
Joe Purdy is a wonderful singer/songwriter and this new song is his best to date. For me this song satisfies my craving for intense music.
3. Run - Snow Patrol
4. Colleen – Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Because I admit it, I am a little vain.
5. My Love For You is Real – Ryan Adams
He’s my baby. This would be a really good wedding song.
6. All the Right Friends – R.E.M
Maybe you noticed that I like very early R.E.M. – Life’s Rich Pageant is one of my all time favorite albums. Not only is R.E.M. a great band but I feel that they are also a very important one. For anyone who will listen, I make an excellent case that the “Seattle sound” was born in Athens, Georgia. You have to listen to the early albums before they transitioned into a more palatable/radio friendly pop band in the 90’s. To really understand my point you must try to listen to the music set apart from Michael’s Stipe’s vocals which are what people will do and associate it with that alterna-pop for which they are most known. Note: this is not the original recording.
7. Eternal Flame – Joan as Policewoman
8. Band of Gold (Remix) – Kimberly Locke
This one goes out to all you American Idol fans.
9. England 2 Columbia 0Kirsty MacColl
My dad’s pick.
10. Moonlight Mile – The Rolling Stones
Have you every thought to yourself “I wonder what Colleen’s favorite Stones song is…” Well here it is off Sticky Fingers.
11. Non je ne regrette rien (I regret nothing)– Edith Piaf
I just saw her bio pic La Vie en Rose for which she is nominated for an Oscar this year. I highly recommend it. For all you philistines out there I must warn you: this film is subtitled.

Enough for now. Disc Two list will follow shortly.

2 comments:

Hadass said...

I get really excited when I hear there is a new Aut, Colleen CD mix. I must have one. I swear, 4 out of 6 of my CDs in my player in my car are your mixes. I love them! They are a perfect blend of music to get me through the treacherous traffic. You should make it into a business and sell them. They are 1,000 times better than those damn "Now" CDs that feature the hot songs of the present. And they have made like 25 of those, so I think you could do much better.

Hadass said...

Oh, is your title song that one that is on that commercial? I think it is for the apple phone or the ipod or the nano or some technological device that I don't own. The end line of the commercial is "my music is where I'd like you to touch". Cause I like that song. I walk around the house singing it every time it comes on the TV.