Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In the Criminal Justice system...


My former Art Museum co-worker Monique Smith recently died of something called sarcoidosis which affects the lungs. She used to cough a lot but I never knew she had this disease. Monique was a very unique (it rhymes!) person and wonderful artist in her own right. From time to time she would give me little postcard sized paintings of hers. I will always remember how she would randomly break out into song from the other side of our cubicle wall.
I do not have a picture of her so I posted a picture of Jesse L. Martin from Law&Order who she once told me she thought he was a "stone fox". I agreed though I personally thought Jerry Orbach was pretty attractive for an older man as well. I think she thought I was challenging her so I quickly added "but of course Jesse L. Martin is much more handsome."

She peaced out too young and she will be missed.

3 comments:

KEITH said...

Monique was a lot of fun to work with, she always kept things interesting. I miss her already.

Remember Monique, there are no snakes in heaven.

Hadass said...

I am so sorry about your friend. She sounds like a really cool person.

On "House" last night, they thought the lady had sarcoidosis. That is the first time I have ever heard of that disease.

KEITH said...

FYI, here's a link to her obituary.