Thursday, August 2, 2007

The empty bottle – it misses you and I’m the one it’s talkin to


Ryan Adams has released nine albums since 2000, although Adams said he's actually made 15.

“…the sheer volume of his output means listeners need to sift through a lot of less remarkable songs to find the special moments, and many simply don't have the patience. He released three albums in 2005 alone, and one of them had two discs.” - AP

I have the patience. I am not a “favorites” person but Ryan is my favorite and he probably always will be, even more than Dar and Morrissey. A few weeks ago I went to see him play with his band The Cardinals at the TLA. Although I never know what to expect that doesn’t matter because he’s my baby. That night there was no opening act and no encore which I considered a fair trade off. The “Dear Chicago” requesting former frat boys and their generic looking dates bitched and moaned on the way out about how they didn’t recognize any of the songs and how come he sat all the way on the side of the stage. Me? I left elated. This was one of the best of his I had seen, and I have some seen some of his worst drunken nightmare shows. But again, I have the patience. When you love something you just kind of have to stick it out and have faith it will get better and sure enough it did.

Ryan Adams is clean and sober these days and just put out “Easy Tiger” which is amazing.

Of course it is.

Be smart and listen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Ryan Adams related to Brian Adams?

Colleen said...

no, dumb ass.

Unknown said...

Well, I think he should be.