Friday, October 5, 2007

whatever. etc.


This morning I woke up unexpectedly on my couch – again. Lately I have been sleepwalking which is a significant manifestation of cumulative stress or general abnormal preoccupation that comes and goes in me. This peculiar way of waking pretty much sets the tone for the rest of my day that follows – or more accurately, falters - thereafter: I am a girl who can’t concentrate lately and so my posting has been less frequent and lacking of, well, me.

I like to make my postings consistent to keep interest consistent otherwise my friends and family would stop checking daily like I am constantly flattered they do. As a result I would have to be sending out emails saying “hey guys! I wrote something witty and worth reading! Check it out. Love me again!” To keep that desperate situation at bay I will post some brief thought evoking or at least pleasant (exempli gratia: the cute kids and the pigeon thing) item. So, to buy me some time I offer you this:

Who do you like more, Maureen Dowd or Arianna Huffington (Dowd is the Jessica Rabbit looking redhead)? I check out the Huffington Post daily and just finished Dowd’s tongue in cheek book "Are Men Necessary?" and try to read her twice weekly New York Times op-ed column.

They are both heroes of mine for their intelligence and uncompromised femininity in the male dominated world of American politics. If you are not familiar with either you can just decide who you think is hotter which is a valid judgment of character in my warped superficial opinion.

9 comments:

KEITH said...

I've always been a fan of Arianna Huffington. Even back when she was a Republican and sharing a bed with Al Franken on "Politically Incorrect" in the old Comedy Central days.

And to think, Bill Maher has been kicked off of two different networks since then!

Kate said...

Yeah, my only real familiarity with Arianna Haffington is watching her on Bill Maher. I generally enjoy hearing what she has to say.....Bill, though? I've been sitting on the fence about Bill Maher for a while now. I can't really decide if he makes intersting points with humorous undertones, or if he's a piece of douche who points out the obvious with sarcastic and cynical undertones.

Colleen said...

I think he is a smarmy douche bag. i feel like i want to shower after watching him.

Maureen is my favorite. She is smart and sassy where Arianna has got that power chick thing going on which is pretty cool too.

KEITH said...

I've always thought that Bill Maher was a smarmy douche who made humorous, and often thought-provoking, points.

Kate said...

So far we're in agreeance that he's pretty smarmy and doucheful. So, how do such people get fame and popularity? And, more importantly, can I? I hear the pay is good.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think the one in the white is the hottest...she has a naughty secretary thing going on.

KEITH said...

Maher's smarm and douchebaggery are really at the core of his humor. Without them he wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. I think that all you need to do to get his job is spend about 15 years on the stand-up circuit polishing your on-stage persona. After that it's all gravy.

Ringo said...

Maher is smarmy and that is his style and why he's funny, but it can get old and annoying quickly, which is why it's good to now watch him too often. But he's pretty smart, has a slightly different take on some things, and will call people on both sides when they do dumb stuff.

Huffington is a smart lady and a classy dame. I don't know from this other lady you speak of, but I've always been a Huffington fan. And if you meant which do I like better, physically (you did describe the one as Jessica Rabbitesque), I'd go for Arianna in a heartbeat.