Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kate is the new Sister Wendy. Remember her? No? Ok.


You all know my good friend Kate Ryan from her witty bon mot comments here on Aut, Colleen or you may remember her as the helpful sales associate at the nautical themed children’s clothing retailer Kids Ahoy! several years ago in Savannah. Well, now you can all see her being accosted by a roving camera crew and coercing her to articulate her feelings about the Museum of American Folk Art in New York. What a daunting task! Especially for someone with their MFA. Click on the link and she is Kate R (obviously) and as an added bonus click on Mike R and you can see one of the fabulous Ryan boys in action.

http://nwhyc.com/reviews.php?catID=4&vid=99

Sadly, Sheila the butt sex girl was not in attendance and therefore could not be interviewed.

Speaking of butt sex, I am reading Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer and it is SO dirty! Like Marquis de Sade dirty. Its really good though...

4 comments:

Kate said...

What's surprising and what few, if any, of you know is that since this interview I have grown a fro comparable to Mr. Ross's. It's quite impressive if I may say so myself. Very....hmmm what's the word.....ah yes, interesting!
PS: I've been reading Anais Nin's journal and she goes on and on about her good friend Henry Miller, his writing, his crazy wife, and her love for both of them. Ever since, I've been wanting to read Tropic of Cancer. Maybe next

Colleen said...

"Henry & June"? That is next on my list! Check out the movie with Uma Thurman and Fred Ward. I love June Miller. She's like this crazy bi-sexual ventriloquist/puppeteer. Anais Nin had an affair with Henry Miller. Remember how Chris and Chrystal were obcessed with "Delta of Venus"? That movie is so hot.

Kate said...

Yeah, I definitely remember the movie. I had always heard that they had this affair, but in her journal, its not there. She writes about being more in love and obsessed with June and just buddies and fellow writer with Henry. And Henry really liked French whores and was always a little bit scared/paranoid of June and jealous of Anais.

Kate said...

I would like to point out that reviews for the American Folk Art Museum have been viewed now 133 times. Just 29 times less than reviews leader Coney Island.
hmmm.....interesting.