Wednesday, September 19, 2007

If you are bored at work today give Jean a visit


My friend Woody (http://www.luckiestmanonearth.com/) hasn't been doing too much updating over the past year which makes me blue.


Luckily (not luckiest woman on earth lucky) I found Jean Teasdale's site of her very own: http://hometowns.cyber-net-village.com/Orlando/7302/Rick/sportzone/misc/folders/Jean/


Sure, its not real and most of you are already familiar with her but it still made me laugh so hard I peed a little. Then I start to think that maybe that I will end up like Jean in 15 or so years. I like cats, fiction, and around the holidays Thomas Kinkade things are somewhat charming...
This guy in my Art After 1945 class did a presentation on Thomas Kinkade. I swear to God! I wish I could have captured the expressions on the other student's faces. The kicker? He got the same grade as I did on my presentation (with slide show) on Issey Miyake A-POC fashion installations. Ridiculous huh? Keep in mind that this was that class with the English bitch.

3 comments:

KEITH said...

Issey Miyake? Come on Colleen, if you wanted them to take you seriously then you should have done your presentation on Bob Ross.

Kate said...

What's not to like about Thomas Kinkade? I hear he's the Painter of Light. I also hear that when Jesus gets bored, he goes to Heaven's dollar store and buys a 500 piece T.K. puzzle and puts it together on a table made of cloud.

Hadass said...

I do admit that I would like to live in a TK painting. They look so peaceful and serene and quaint. Reminds me of this book I read when I was younger called "Mandy" by Julie Andrews (yes- Mary Poppins) about this little girl who runs away from her orphanage and finds this little cottage in the middle of the woods and starts living there during the day and then goes back to the orphanage at night. Maybe somebody lived in the cottage, I don't remember. But it seemed like a TK painting. Very stress free.