Saturday, November 17, 2007

The World Spins Madly On



I have been working feverishly to get my Christmas CD done so that I can have it out to you in the mail by Black Friday. You don't have to request this time; I will send them out to all of you. This will again be a double disc and it will be a blended album with some of my favorite Holiday songs along with a sampling of new music I have been listening to. Probably something from the new Band of Horses album as well a song from The Weepies (check out the sweet claymation video for "The World Spins Madly On") and of course some surprises. I strive for balance when creating these things. I don't just throw these things together haphazardly!

Like Rob said in Nick Hornby's wonderful book High Fidelity - when if comes to making mix tapes (CDs) "There are a lot of rules."

8 comments:

Kate said...

I was so honored this morning to come in to the office, check my email, and find that I was the recipient of a Nigerian email scam. As if they know how much I love 20/20. And then, to top that, news of a new Colleen mix!! If my week gets any better, I don't know what I will do.
(please note this is not sarcasm, I do feel strangely honored that some stranger is trying to scam me out of thousands by suggesting that I am the only known next of kin to a dead man who's 7.5 million dollars is tied up in a foreign bank account....Happy Thanksgiving!)

Colleen said...

My week is going to get even better since YOU (kate) are coming to visit ME!
A few weeks ago I got that Nigerian email thing too and ignored it which means that I guess they gave up on me and moved further down the lineage.

Hadass said...

I have not received any Nigerian scams, thank God, cause I don't need any more drama right now. I am eagerly anticipating the new release of the latest Colleen Holiday mix CD, which will immediately go into shuffle in my car. I am also superly eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new neighbor in the city, Kate.

WELCOME TO HOTLANTA, KATE!

As the city motto goes (some moron came up with this), EVERY DAY IS AN OPENING DAY IN ATLANTA! (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean).

Kate said...

Yeah, what does that mean? Very interesting.

Hadass said...

Apparently there is a lot of stuff opening... uhh... every day... here. When you listen to the commercials, it makes a little bit more sense, but not really. It is still dumb.

Colleen said...

Lately instead of "the city of brotherly love" local news media have been refering to my beloved city as Killadelphia. People have been shooting cops left and right around here the past month.

Kate said...

Yeah we used to call Philly filthadelphia. I've heard killadelphia used much more regularly, even down here. Though, I don't think it even made the top 10 most dangerous cities this year.

KEITH said...

There are places that have way higher murder rates than Philly . . . like Camden.