Friday, November 2, 2007

You can find me in St. Louis rollin on dubs


Seems like everywhere she goes somebody wants to know what Kate Ryan thinks about art and architecture these days. Nobody gives a shit what I think but that doesn’t stop me from talking and talking and talking about it. Maybe they can tell just by looking at her that she has her Masters from SCAD. Not me.
Nope. Not me.
Anywho, she emailed this to me this morning:
I was in St. Louis last weekend. It was a really, really cool town. We went to the Arch on Saturday (see link, turn on caption). We were also photographed at the 10th anniversary of the City Museum on Friday. This is one of the coolest museums I've been to. It has an aquarium in it, and a whole bunch of reclaimed architectural elements, from bank vaults to building facades to gargoyles, and a indoor carnival/circus, and a thrift store. And, it has this whole big maze of plastic and metal tubes and slides running throughout its many levels, kinda like a hamster cage. Anyway, We were interviewed and photographed, like, 4 times at different places we went to. I guess the arch picture was the only one that was used. It was nuts. They must be familiar with my American Folk Art Museum interview.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Just one step closer to taking over the world!
ps: I have a tshirt that reads "I have a masters degree from SCAD; ask me stuff!" and I never take it off.

Hadass said...

Few people know it, but Kate has always had a secret dream of being on TV as the go to person for all things art and architecture. She is secretly in the works for her own show, which currently has a working title of "Kate's Korner" where she will discuss such controversial topics as "Magic Eye: is it truly a trick of the eye, or a mystical picture from beyond?".