Tuesday, July 10, 2007






This morning as I sipped my coffee and opened my email I saw that the sassy girls at Daily Candy sent me this lovely tip:


July 10, 2007
Pretty Kitty
You’ve been to you. But you’ve never been to paradise. (Poor thing.)
Well, perhaps the solution starts with better grooming (as so many do).
The Bikini Facial at The Body Klinic is an intense treatment for your private bits. Recommended one week after waxing, the treatment is tops for unsightly ingrowns and blemishes you-know-where. Though there are no cucumbers involved — or carrots for that matter (you people are sick) — the process does include cleansers, scrubs, and even extractions. Wild!
Misty vapors open pores, then your nether region is gently exfoliated and offending ingrowns are plucked away. A soothing camphor mask lends its antibacterial properties and wards off future blemishes, making you beach ready in no time.
With all the royal treatment down there, you’ll be wondering why they didn’t think of it sooner.
And why you stayed with your ex for so long.
The Body Klinic, 2012 Walnut Street (215-563-8888); 4360 Main Street, Manayunk (215-482-2596).


Extractions down there? A camphor mask? Steaming?


Is that really necessary? I am all for grooming (laser hair removal is pricey but worth every penny) but this seems like a bit much. When you are getting a binkni wax it already feels like an eternity and the last thing you want after they finish is more prodding and poking.


The new agey folk at the Body Klinic are going to be hard pressed to find anyone who wants this service. But I could be wrong...


If you do venture to try this please report back.

2 comments:

Hadass said...

I already have serious issues with the gyno appointments, so I know that I would not feel comfortable with some stranger poking around down there with tweezers and facial products. At least I know my gyno doc so it gets a little less awkward everytime I go.

I envy you for doing the laser hair treatment. I would give anything to do that. Maybe by next summer I can afford to do it.

Colleen said...

laser costs a lot, takes a year to get all 7 sessions to be fully done and it hurts like a motherfucker but to never have to wax again it is the best thing i ever done, cosmetically I mean. I worked out a payment plan with the place I went to which helped.