Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm Not Going Anywhere


Check out this video from one of my favorite singers ever, Keren Ann. She is a French singer but has a few albums with some songs in English that are just as beautiful. The music is mellow and perfect for sitting out enjoying the lovely weather. I have seen her about 4 times whenever she comes to town and she is so sweet to sign my CDs and take pictures with me (we both look terrible in this one but there was a huge thunderstorm that night and I guess she got rained on too). There are usually only about 30 people at the little venues she plays so when I see her it feels extra special. I guess she is gaining a larger following because she is playing at World Café in June.

I will be there. Of course.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7t2jrVoGc0

2 comments:

Hadass said...

My office manager likes French music. I have a couple of French CDs and she made me a CD of random French artists and songs, and she was one of them on there. I don't remember the name of the song, but it was in French, and I really like it. I definitely could get in to her.

Colleen said...

If your office manager likes french music, tell her to check out Carla Bruni's album. she's italian and a former model but she sings in french and it is pretty fantastic.