Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Whole Lot of Nothing

The past couple days I have been very tired despite taking naps on the floor of my dad’s office during lunch and when I get home. I am not sure if I am still recovering from the bad case of the womits I had on Monday (not a typo, Oczkowskis call throwing up “the womits”). I am still getting nauseas and I haven’t been eating much so it is a possibility that I may be malnourished. Another theory is I think I have been sleepwalking again because I woke up with a cut across my forehead and a bruise on a now swollen ankle Tuesday morning. Who knows? So, I am barely making through the workday and I feel sorry for everyone around me. Tired Colleen = Grumpy Colleen.

In other news, Louis the cat caught two mice this week. This is both good and bad. Good he caught it and bad because apparently we have mice. Anyone who claims to know me well knows that I am deathly afraid of rodents. This fear can be traced back to a traumatic experience as a child involving a dead mouse that I won’t get into but it was horrible. Horrible. The thing that I am afraid of is that Louis likes to play with the mouse corpse and Louis likes to bring his Pound Puppy Jermaine into my bed when he sleeps with me and the last thing I need is to wake up to a dead mouse. Though, I have woken up to worse.

Aside from this mouse issue my bathroom door has been acting up. Living alone for so long (and having no shame) resulted in my showering and doing my other business with the door open. As far as I know Clay has no problem with that but for some reason last night I closed the door when I took my shower and after I finished I found that I had locked myself in. I was stuck in there for an hour until Clay came home. Well, 15 minutes trying to get out and 45 minutes giving myself a pedicure and reading the November Vogue from 2004 I found in the linen closet.

Now some sad news. As you all know (or should) Doug from Bravo’s show Workout (left in the picture next to “sex girl” Rebecca, and “pissed Jackie turns hot straight women gay” Andre) died this past January and Clay and I are still in morning. Last night was the season recap with the cast and the Doug montage tore me up. He was such a cool guy and even though the show is only in its second season, I feel like I knew him. Clay and I named one of the garden gnomes after him in his honor.

There is some good news though. Looks like Michael Nutter is going to be our new mayor which is pretty fucking great. It is also just pretty fucking great we don't have to put up with that prick Street anymore. By the way, all you registered Independent jerk offs need to change your status because the primaries are where it all happens. Also, I have made it to a landmark page 100 in Leaves of Grass. 100 down, 5,638 more to go…

No wonder I am so sleepy and after reading this I bet you are too.

6 comments:

Hadass said...

I am really sleepy right now, but it is not from reading your blog. It actually woke me up a little bit. Work makes me sleepy. Thank God I only have about 30 more minutes to go for the day. I think I might go home and nap before making dinner. Will won't be home until later. That could work.

People get locked in my bathroom too. It is kind of funny actually. Well, until you get somebody who starts screaming because they are a drama queen. That is annoying. At least you found time to give yourself a pedicure and read Vogue. Too bad you didn't have "Leaves of Grass" in their with you. You could have really made some progress.

Colleen said...

i got locked in your bathroom. we all did.

Hadass said...

Thank God it wasn't all together and right before the wedding. That would have been funny and sad. "Hey where's your wedding party?" "Oh, they are all locked in my bathroom."

Kate said...

So, as I mentioned previously, I apparently have anxiety dreams when I get stressed. Earlier this week I drempt that my little brother, Tommy not so good, killed our father (though it didn't look anything like our father)with a golf club and then made me help him cover it up. Though we only moved the car with my dead dad's body in it about 20' down the road to put it in front of our neighbor's house, we managed to ellude police for months. But, I of course was left in a state of moral uneasiness and overcompensated by making ice cubes.....lots and lots of ice cubes. Then last night, I had another anxiety dream. Coming off of a baby shower for one of my classmates earlier this week, and still excited about the pregnacy anouncement of a very good freind of mine, I guess babies were on the brain. Last night I drempt I was pregnant. Surprisingly, my dad handled the news well. Only problem.... the baby came out white.
Just 2 more weeks till graduation, I can't waite!!!!

Hadass said...

Who is your friend that is pregnant?

Are you sure you aren't?

Kate said...

Former co-worker of mine is...definitely not me.