Thursday, May 3, 2007

Saucer of Milk, Table Two.


So my girl Chrystal and her wonderful friend Michelle went to see Christina Aguilera and the Pussycat Dolls last night in Atlanta. Now I have never been to a big pop act like them so I am very envious. Me, I went solo to see Mindy Smith at XPN World Café (yawn) last night. I was even more jealous when she told me about it.

I went to the Pussycat Dolls, Christina Aguilera show last night with Michelle. It was amazing! The Pussycat Dolls were actually quite good. They did a lot of dance routines that were really good. Christina’s show was awesome! She is so beautiful in person. We were only like 10 rows back from the stage so we could so her quite well. Her voice is amazing live. The show had several parts to it including a burlesque show, a 20’s speakeasy scene, and a carnival. The carnival part was really cool. She had girls on trapeze and swings and fire breathers and men on stilts and then she did the naughty boy song where she put this guy up on this big wheel and danced and sang all over him. It was really awesome. There was even confetti at the end that came out and blanketed the audience. Now that is entertainment right there!

As we all know I am not exactly a relationship girl and that applies to my TV habits. Sure, I rarely miss Grey’s but it’s not like I will drop everything to see it. So, you shouldn’t be surprised that I have flipped around and stopped and the Pussycat Dolls reality show where a bunch of hot girls battle to become the next Pussycat Doll. (I also love The Girls Next Door & DOG the Bounty Hunter) When I asked Chrystal about whether Asia, the winner on the show, was there I was surprised and a bit disappointed when she said no. I know Asia had a lot of trouble committing herself to the Dolls and being a teen mom and whatever but this does not compare to what Chrystal told me next:

Did you know that one of the Pussycat Dolls, Carmit, used to be a man named Kevin? I was just reading it online. And apparently the former lead singer for the group, before Nicole, took the penis that was removed from Kevin (Carmit) and put it on her and became a man named Joseph and now they are lovers. How weird is that?

Holy shit!

6 comments:

Hadass said...

I read that on Wikipedia by the way, so I would imagine that it is fact. Isn't Wikipedia supposed to be like an online modern day version of the encyclopedia, not like a gossip blog? I am saying this because I read somewhere else that this wasn't true. So I am not sure. But if you go to the Pussycat Dolls website, and look at her bio, it really doesn't say much, but she lists her age as 107. Okay?... I can also vouch for the fact, because we were so close to the stage, that I would not doubt that she used to be a man. She does sort of have a drag queen's body. Also on Wikipedia, it said that she was actually a hemaphrodite, and lived as a boy, but now is taking the final steps to fully be a woman instead. Apparently her she has one final surgery of some sort coming up this year. All of this was on Wikipedia. Go figure?!

KEITH said...

I notice that Wikipedia doesn't cite any sources for its article on Carmit "Mangina" Bachar. Of course, one should never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Colleen said...

Of course I am the exception. In my life the truth is certianly stranger than fiction.

Kate said...

I'm not certain penis transplants are all together possible, but if they are, i hope it was a simultaneous removal/attachment. It would be wierdo if the penis was kept in a jar for a while

KEITH said...

I don’t know, maybe it’s my bourgeoisie upbringing but I just don’t think people should go around swapping penises all willy-nilly. Call me a prude.

Hadass said...

Well, if you go to Wikipedia now, it looks like they have deleted that section of the bio, which is strange. I saw it with my own eyes on the site, I could not make up something as spectacular as that. I certainly wouldn't make up something like that for the Pussycat Dolls, maybe for somebody a little more famous. Anyways, I checked in the rumors section attached to their listing, and it says that some sections are omitted because of rumor or controversy. So maybe it was so controversial to the many PCD fans that they removed it.

And yes, also on Wikipedia, they said in surgeries of this nature, organs are kept for other reattachment surgeries or procedures for someone else later on. The former lead singer decided at a later date to attach the penis and become the lover.