Monday, May 21, 2007

A Very Special Dinner Party


So this is an email I received last week from Jessica Waber from the Education Department of the Philadelphia Theatre Company about a dinner I volunteered to host at our Trust Building on Locust Street Thursday.

Hi Colleen,

We are glad that Thursday works for you! The women’s group is called CCC#3 which stands for The Community Corrections Center #3. CCC is a residence for women who are under work release programs. They have done workshops with us in the past, and their coordinator, Dorothy Cunnigham, has told me they are really looking forward to the 24th.Mimi will be out of town that day, but thank you so much for stepping in. To confirm details: the light dinner and workshop will be Thursday, May 24th from 6:00 – 7:30. Thank you for providing the food. If there is anything we can contribute please let me know. Then we will be heading over to the play, Orson’s Shadow, which starts at 8:00pm. We are expecting no more than 22 women and I have reserved 35 tickets for us that night in case anyone else from New Century wants to join us at the play. Let me know if there is anything you need from us. We should probably touch base on Tuesday after the board meeting. Looking forward to the workshop. Thanks!

Jessica Waber

Corrections Center? I am hosting a dinner for 22 convicts?! Even stranger that they are taking them to a dark existential play about Orson Wells.

There goes my idea for a Indian buffet. I think the 4' hoagies may be a better choice.

6 comments:

KEITH said...

Fun Fact: Jessica Waber had a bit part in the 1996 film adaptation of Matilda!

Hadass said...

I like how she tries to gloss over the fact that they are convicts by calling them some cute little name, like they are some kind of special feminist group trying to break into the work force. Better lock up your valuables for the CCC#3. Do you think they call themselves the "Triple C 3's"?

The 4' hoagies would definitely work, or maybe some party trays from the grocery store. Don't forget the cocktail weenies. These ladies sound like they have been away awhile. Give some TLC to the CCC3.

I will take bets on the fact that they don't get the play.

Of course, I could be wrong and they could perfectly respectable women who were in for some good ole fashioned harmless white collar crime. Then they might enjoy the Indian buffet and the play.

Kate said...

I know a good Hoagie guy!
Give Tommy not-so-good a buzz at Lee's Hoagies in University City. The one on Walnut, around 42nd.
And if you need servers, my brothers fit in well with female not-so-ex cons. Plus,they're all single now and forever looking for ways to make my father and step-mother uncomfortable.

Colleen said...

Kate, do they deliver? The problem is getting all the food to the house and i am the only person taking care of this.

Kate said...

I think they do deliver. Or at least maybe can work something out.

KEITH said...

If you need an extra car and driver, I should be around.