Friday, June 22, 2007

John Tucker Must Die

I didn’t see this movie but Kate did. She keeps referencing it when we talk about my most recent disappointment with the photographer.

She said:
In that movie about John Tucker, John had several girlfriends. Then on an away basketball game three of his girlfriends teamed up and used the
unpopular girl as bait and embarrassed John by coercing him into
wearing a red frilly thong. Then he snuck into what he thought was the girls'
hotel room in nothing but the thong. Turns out, it was the female PE
teacher's room. She screamed and kicked him out into the hall where EVERYBODY was
waiting with their camera phones ready. getting even is totally killer!

Next:
Listen,
John Tucker is possibly one of the best movies I've seen ALL week. It entertained me, and with it on in the background, it didn't distract me from ANYTHING else more important that I was working on at the time.
It's tops on my list.

I know it sounds pretty sucky, but there's gotta be an upside. I mean, a photographer? yeah, like anybody really wants to be romantically involved with a photographer anyway. They're always evaluating the lighting at any given time. And think about how many times a day you would have to hear the word "juxtaposition". Who needs that?
I still have 3 single brothers........ just sayin.....

And finally:
Totally watch John Tucker....it has the girl from the WB/CW classic one tree hill in it.


So if you knew Kate you would find this completely out of character. I can’t believe that anyone watched this movie, let alone Kate. Apparently its about some guy who was dating 3 girls at the same time and took revenge. I'm not a revenge person but movies about it sure are funny. Also, the premise of this movie has nothing to do with my situation whatsoever. I think Kate enjoyed it so much she was just looking for excuses to talk about it.


About the comment about her three brothers; one of them gets all hot and bothered when he puts Mr. T’s face on the pictures of sexy ladies’ bodies. Another lets his sixty something homeless friend stay at his house and once left me a voicemail that entirely consisted of random words… “traffic jam peanut butter elbow door chestnut street kittens” you get the idea. The other is like 17 and looks too much like Kate to ever be considered.

Thanks anyway!





Oh, and I love Frank Zappa so the revenge part of the movie gave me an excuse to use this picture. I guy I dated in college turned me on to him. I must say that one of the perks of dating a lot of different people over the years is learning about a wide varitey of things from their different interests.

5 comments:

Hadass said...

I have also met all of Kate's brothers and can fully attest to the weirdness of each and every one of them. Well, the younger one is okay, but does look exactly like Kate. They are definitely a unique breed. Kate is the normal one of the bunch.

Okay Kate, so I thought that is what you meant in your post yesterday when you said that Citizen Kane is better than John Tucker, but I wasn't really making the connection. I thought it would be odd that A) you would have watched such a movie, being that you are intellectual and artsy and not in high school, and B) that you would somehow try to connect a classic, and the greatest movie ever made, to that film. Apparently it has been awhile since I have seen you.

Kate said...

Yup, after grad school I decided to regress a bit....its all John Tucker to me!
Don't judge until you watch it with some cookie dough.
And yes, my brothers are wierd....but some day I am going to want to be an aunt......so lets keep hope alive, ok?

Hadass said...

Well, I will keep hope in the young ones.

Kate said...

Mike's almost totally over that whole Mr. T thing. It is a little wierd that he's roommates with his ex-girlfriend's mom, but at least its an ex Girlfriend. And yes, Tommy comes across as a little wierd, but he's just sensitive. And Kevin, soon to be 22 not 17, does look a lot like me, but what's so bad about that?
Oh yeah, the fact that we both heavily resemble our Grammy. An awesome woman, but she definitely could have been a stand in double for Yoda.....so much to look forward to in my later years!

KEITH said...

My half-uncle's ex-girlfriend moved in with my grandfather and evil step-grandmother who eventually tried to get legal custody of her daughter (who was not fathered by my half-uncle).

That was a little weird.