Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Move Over Agent Provocateur


Advertising can be risqué business when you have a multinational campaign. Flipping through French Elle Magazine the other day I saw this ad for Sonia Rykiel’s perfume Belle en Rykiel. Hmmm, I know Sonia Rykiel is a pretty crazy designer in a Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen kind of way but I find it interesting that a fashion designer would be selling a perfume and the model not wearing her clothes. Or any clothes in this case. I am curious to see how they are going doctor this image for American fashion magazines where advertisements with topless ladies don’t fly. Maybe they will Photoshop a pretty undershirt on her or have her holding her boobs.

I think this may be more effective if this sexy ingénue was hawking men’s cologne but how would I know. I’m just a simple apple pie to sophisticated French women’s tart tartine.

1 comment:

KEITH said...

Well, she only has one nipple exposed. I bet they could cover that up with a tasteful red sticker reading "50% Off". What are Americans if not prudish and thrifty?