Friday, June 1, 2007

The Days Of Wine And Roses


“Hi. My name’s Stephen.”
“Hi, I’m Colleen.”
And that is when the trouble began. He was the bartender and I was the cocktail waitress at a jazz club/restaurant in Savannah and for the rest of my time living there we were practically inseparable. Thick as thieves, partners in crime we were, friends till the end. We lead the “fast crowd” at that time and though we both cleaned up our act and moved on we still remember that insane time one of the best in our lives. We both loved cocktails, Johnny Mercer songs, swimming at night and each other. Whenever I think about him or talk to him all I remember is constantly laughing. He called me last night and we joked about how we would sneak onto the roof of the DeSoto Hilton in the middle of the night and get stoned while looking over the most beautiful city in the country.

Today is his 30th Birthday and I want to wish him the best one ever.

(doesn’t he look a bit like Ryan Adams?)

No comments: