Tuesday, April 10, 2007

God Help The Working Girl

About twenty minutes this prominent Philadelphia lawyer (who’s name I won’t mention, that’s tacky) came into our office with a chip on his shoulder and a bone to pick with me. I won’t go into the issue but I wouldn’t give him what he wanted and because of that this self important prick wanted to meet with me and bitch me out until I gave in. Of course I am not some kind of fucking Bureaucrat so I most likely would have accommodated to somebody who was nice to me or at least sweet talked me at the time but because he was such an ass I was not going to budge an inch. I knew he was coming in so I briefed my boss on the situation and begged him not to let him have his way because then I will look like an fool and this douche will always think he can get around me. Mark agreed.

So Mr. Ass Hole came in like a bat outta hell yelling at me and wanted to speak to Mark in his office. This is an old building so I can hear what people saying if I stand close to the door (as I often do). He suddenly was all calm talking “man to man”* with Marky complaining about me and heard him say “building manager Barbie out there…” Fucking hilarious!

Suddenly I really like this guy.


*If you think this is some kind of mysogenistic issue (which I am on the fence about) you may enjoy http://www.blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com/

1 comment:

Hadass said...

Wow. Out of all of the dolls that exist, I would never think of you as Barbie.