Friday, April 6, 2007

Wet Hot American Friday!

I got a late start this morning as today is Good Friday and I have the day off. I got up around 8:30 and shuffled downstairs to eat an Amy’s Tofu Pocket and watched the 2nd half of Hoffa on AMC before getting dressed and getting my ass downtown for my 10:15 appointment with my psychiatrist. Dr. K has been in Europe for the past couple of weeks and we have a lot of catching up to do. I always like a hot beverage when I go so I swing by Starbucks in the Bellevue and as I come into the lobby from the Broad Street entrance I see this really cute guy coming towards me. We make some solid eye contact as I think to myself “did I go to college with this him or work with him somewhere” and as soon as he gets close enough to me I put it together, it’s Paul Fucking Rudd! There was that awkward “who goes in front of who thing” that happens when two people get to the line at the same time (we are like, totally n’sync) but I end up in front of him. He orders a tall black coffee and when I heard his voice I almost wanted to pick him up and swing him around. Seriously, even though I am wearing Frye boots today the man barely comes up to my chin. Great hair and amazing skin.

I had to stop myself from asking if his flannel shirt is a nod to the crispy Philadelphia weather, or is he just trying to stay warm in front of the Starbucks juice fridge.

2 comments:

Hadass said...

I LOVE the last part on here about what you wanted to ask him. That is classic. Remember how we used to see random stars in Savannah? There was some story about Ben Affleck (or maybe it was Keanu Reeves, now that I think about it) trying to score some blow at The Rail from some random SCAD student. And there was the story about Keanu Reeves (I know it was him on this one) hooking up with some girls at some SCAD party. Actually he tried to invite me to that party while I was working at Seasons. Apparently he thought he had the inside scoop on it or something. Anyways, so many stars, so little time. You don't have to live in L. A. anymore to be a witness to celebrity. What has the world come to?

Kate said...

I forget where that story came from, but I totally remember it being Ben haunting the Rail. Some how it makes me think it was Packard who told me that. Could that be? Anyhow, Paul Rudd gets my vote for best guy spotted at a Philly Starbucks on Good Friday.