Friday, March 2, 2007

Casual Viewing

The sun is starting to peak out from behind those grey March clouds making Philadelphia look just slightly less depressing. From my office I can see into the rooms of the Ritz Carlton across Chestnut Street. In the picture the building on the left is the one I work in and the one on the right is the Ritz. Sometimes, early in the morning, I will be in the 22nd floor office with my cousin Michael and we look for hotel guests in various states of undress. As if this wasn’t fun enough we make a game where we assign a certain amount of points to the amount of skin we see. Spotting people getting it on is like, 10 points, the max unless there is a threesome but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. I usually see naked men drinking coffee and working on their laptops on the hotel desk that is right by the window. Once I saw three of these in the same area of the hotel and I felt like I was playing some kind of perverted version of Connect Four. We are not voyeurs in the traditional sense because neither of us is unattractive. It is just light hearted family bonding. Anyway, they bring it on themselves. You shouldn’t do anything in front of a window with the curtains open that you don’t want anybody to see, especially if it is in a tall building in a city.

From the conference room I can see into dorms of the Art Institute. Lots of nerds. Lots of boys playing video games but on a good day you may see some playing with light sabers. I smile and wave and entertain thoughts of flashing them, especially the Star Wars guys. I think they would appreciate it the most.

This is all I can do to take my mind off the emergency bypass surgery my father is having today.

No comments: