Friday, March 9, 2007

My Finger Hurts

I’m feeling pretty good today but sadly my right ring finger cannot say the same. The knuckle has been sore for weeks and now it is swollen and puffy. I let it go so long because I didn’t want to get all sissy mary and make a big fucking deal but now it is starting to hurt when I type. For a compulsive writer like myself that is a scary thing. There are a few other health things that scare me shitless more than they should like gum disease. Gum disease will ruin your fucking life. Forget it, it’s all over. Read up on it and you will see all the horrors that can come from not taking care of your gums. It will give you the chills. I fear that like some people fear, say, genital warts. Apparently not a pleasant thing to have but the perfect thing to wish on your worst enemy. If I ever find myself with both gum disease and genital warts start looking out for a suicide blog post.

I digress. So, yesterday I went to my 83 year old primary care physician Dr. Wilbur Oaks on Rittenhouse Square. I don’t trust young doctors, even hot ones. I want a doc who's been around the block and has seen how medicine has evolved over the last century. You know, a guy who knows how to think inside the box before venturing out of it. I also love how he refers to the dressing gown as “this Halston creation”. He thinks it’s a fracture and now I have to go to Hahnemann today to get an x-ray. For my finger. I am annoying myself just writing this so I can’t even image how the intern who will have to do it feels. Then I have to get shot up with some cortisone so it will heal. Fun stuff.

On a happier note I was a little blue yesterday but the good Lord took notice and sent me a little pick me up. Around 7:00PM I was lounging on my mat at Lithe Studio chatting with my girl Carla when suddenly we heard something coming from the main room we have never heard there before, men’s voices. The owner Lauren trains Olympic rowers and they like her method so much that some of them came to check out her class. These men had the most unbelievable bodies and were so cute I couldn’t help but stare at them. If they never come back it will probably be because of the weird blond girl with the faraway look in her eyes. Sigh. I really enjoyed how difficult side plank lifts and releve sets at the barre were to them since they are so easy for me. They kicked my ass on the one handed push ups though. Which brings this full circle back to my finger. Push ups may be at the heart of the problem.

Sorry this is so lame. I can’t think of anything interesting. Over the weekend I will give it some thought. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: