Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My BlackBerry, Myself

Monday I got a new BlackBerry to help me with my increasingly hectic life. One of the things that I really pride myself on is how I manage to make time for everyone and everything.

This week for example after a 5:45 pilates class I met with some administration people from the Bryn Mawr School of Social Work for dinner on Monday night to discuss a new downtown location in our Trust building.

Tuesday I also worked out and then found myself the victim of a bizarre and uninvited kiss from a 6’6” 300lb black man on the way to the see a new improve group called Tongue and Groove who rolled out the proverbial red carpet for their inagural performance at the Adrianne. One of the performers is starting up her own theatre company and I helped her get a great broker, whom she dubbed Peter"the Shark"Shrier, to find them space while she gets her business plan together and applies for her 501c.3. She may lease the space where the wonderful Mike Douglas Show was filmed in the 60s and 70s. I found out that another one of our brokers was on that show as a child model sporting some of the looks from the 1967 spring collections. If you could see what Scott looks like today you would find this hard to believe.

This afternoon I met with the Board’s financial chair for lunch. Fun. After work, along with my coworkers, will be going to the big ABM Building Services gala at the Franklin Institutea. We also get to see the King Tut exhibit they have going on now after the event.

Thursday I have Pilates again and then go to wash dogs and the Pennsylvania SPCA in North Philly. I always leave with scratches on my arm and smelling like wet dog. I keep trying to quit but seeing Jorge’s grateful expression when I leave keeps me coming back.

Friday will be terribly fabulous as I RSVP to my boss’s invitation to Freeman’s Auction House’s spring preview. There my friend Hilary and I will rub elbows with Philadelphia’s most wealthy residents, drink French wine and eat yummy canapĂ© while pretending we belong there sitting in chairs that cost as much as a one year at our private colleges did. What a wonderful way to end a very busy and productive work week.

If this sounds overwhelming to you, now you know why half the time I seem manic and scattered!

2 comments:

Kate said...

You know what they, once you go black....

Hadass said...

I never thought you would succumb to the power of the blackberry.