Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I am so excited I could throw up!

I have been chatting with a couple friends and it looks like a trip to Savannah for the famous Sidewalk Arts Festival is in the works! I entered the festival twice, once with some girl from my 3-D design class and the second time with some Motion Graphics major I was dating whose name escapes me. I miss Savannah so much it hurts and this is the perfect reason to go down. Chrystal will come in from Atlanta and now we need to get Chris to drive down from Ashville to join us. Kate still lives there and I miss her apartment balcony (so many memories from those muggy Savannah nights). Luckily she is from the greater Philadelphia area so I get to see her when she comes home but I haven’t hung out with any of these friends since the fall.

The festival is April 29th so it will be beach weather. This is something to think about for any other SCAD alums who are on the fence about visiting their alma mater for the festivities. Laying on the beaches of Tybee and eating dinner at The Crab Shack sounds like total bliss right now. Nothing says fine dining like a hole in the middle of the table you throw your trash in. Naturally, there will be a big reunion reception at Pinkie Master’s where a round of PBR will be on Chris’ parents and we will eat all the popcorn Carol (the bartender who dated Capt. Mike from Riverstreet Riverboat Co.) can make. I will call my baby Stephen Mobley for some sloppy drunk kissing at Blaine’s Back Door Bar. Then we can go down to Chuck’s and look for that ambiguously gay guy who had a crush on both of us, take his wallet and buy drugs in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot on the South Side. Ah, those were the days.

I miss my friends, but most of all I miss the Bob. He will always hold a special place in my heart and hopefully soon our paths will cross again… Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Hadass said...

It is painful sometimes how much I miss Savannah. You never truly appreciate it until you live there.

Bryan said...

Can't wait till you come down Col! I'll take you to the Pink House Tavern for shrimp and grits and you can request all the Johnny Mercer songs your little heart desires.

Hadass said...

You mean the Pink Snow House.