Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How Can You Say I Go About Things the Wrong Way?


“I know its over and it never really began but in my heart it was so real”
--Morrissey


Most people know that I am a huge Morrissey/Smiths fan. I love everything about this fellow vegetarian so much that I even read this horrible book called “How Soon is Never” by Marc Spitz, a writer for Spin (that didn’t bode well even though that's a great title), about some guy who was hell bent on repairing the Johnny Marr/Morrissey rift as a way to heal the wounds inflicted by his tumultuous adolescence.

Anywho, the Pope of Mope is coming to Philadelphia June 29th for a show at the Mann and I am defiantly there. Anybody is free to come with but I will be there regardless even if I have to go by myself like the times I saw him before. I do think it is fitting to go see him solo...
"If you're so funny, then why are you on your own tonight? And if you're so clever, then why are you on your own tonight? If you're so very entertaining, then why are you on your own tonight? If you're so very good-looking, why do you sleep alone tonight? I know ...'Cause tonight is just like any other night, that's why you're on your own tonight. With your triumphs and your charms while they're in each other's arms..."

Ah... So delightfully self-indulgent

I am going to listen to Suedehead and Viva Hate all day today. Maybe Strangeways and Queen is Dead too…

3 comments:

Hadass said...

Did you know that one of the all time greatest lyrics was "So you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die." God, that's cheery, yet so real.

Considering the ins and outs of your life, I can totally understand why you like Morrisey. Its like he wrote the lyrics for you. He should just name every song "Colleen".

Colleen said...

I know right?! You remember in college I could sniff a loser from a mile away! And if they were broke, cranky, have no manners, and not particularly nice to me then I would be into them even more.

Yeah, things haven't changed much...

The guys I date who don't let me pay my half better not expect a 2nd date!

Hadass said...

Btw, those lyrics were actually on a list called the all time greatest lyrics, that is not my own award I am giving it. It was in the top 5.