Thursday, March 1, 2007

That Time of the Month


I have a little personal tradition of buying a new scented candle every month. None of that Glade bullshit but fancy boutique candles like Mathew Izzo, Diptyque, Tocca. You get the idea. I spend the last week of every month looking for the perfect candle and it can be quite a lengthy process as I carefully weigh options and consider factors like season and the strength of the scent. I have the nose of a bloodhound and can actually separate layers and properly use phrases like “sparkling top note” and “citrus base scent”. I missed my calling as a perfumer as I can identify most scents on people as long as they are not too obscure. I have spent hours wandering around cosmetic counters testing scents while warding off the persistent sales people. March’s candle is Capri’s “Volcano” and it looks like the one pictured on the left. February’s candle was “Orange Blossom” from L’Occitane en Provance which was a nice mellow floral so I really think the transition to a bold crisp fruity scent will be a smooth one. I really do.

No comments: