Friday, March 23, 2007

What's Your Pleasure?

Yesterday after a nice lunch at the Bellevue I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and stroll down to the Pleasure Chest on Walnut just west of Rittenhouse Square (this is not the store pictured but you get the idea) with Marty*. Marty is dissatisfied with the state of his sex life (oh no, not with me) and thinks that he needs to spice things up in the bedroom. A trip to the local sex shop is not a typical way to spend one’s lunch hour so that alone was reason enough for me to go. Unconventional activities, I’m game. Besides, I enjoy a good sex shop once in a while. It’s amazing what you will find in them. My favorite experience going to one was during a drunken night with my roommate and his then boyfriend. They decided to take me on a whirlwind tour of every gay club/bar in Philadelphia’s famed Gayborhood. We ended up in a S&M shop in the basement of a tri-level leather bar play fighting each other with the whips and paddles. Ah, memories.

Ok, so back to yesterday. We descended into the somewhat hidden “exotic boutique”. Marty and I were confronted with the aroma of cannabis as I made a bee line to the lingerie and corsets which were flimsy and cheap looking (poor quality of clothing, not character of the wearer). My companion browsed the cock rings (vibrating and not), toys, and other accoutrement as I checked out the erotic chocolates and even got a free taste of the butter cream boobies. Because of this I felt obliged to buy something so I picked up some fishnet stockings and a naked lady keychain which I guess I can give to someone as a gift. Marty picked up The Rabbit for his lady love and some other items whose purpose I didn’t really understand. We emerged with our black bags squinting as our eyes adjusted to the bright sunlight and started to make our way back to work.

I guess the point of the story is that you are in market for that certain something extra for that certain special someone, the Pleasure Chest on Walnut Street has a wide selection, reasonable prices, and a knowledgeable staff.


*The name was changed to respect the person in the story's privacy.

No comments: